Thursday 1 October 2015

Nothing to See Here!!

My logic centre is inherently flawed; and this has become particularly evident during my recent challenges with chronic illnesses and...ongoing challenges with those illnesses.  I have high anxiety about everything all the time.

Here are the pervasive themes:
1. Pain management and lack thereof
2. Finances and soon to be lack thereof
3. sleep or lack thereof
4. How to keep people around me happy...and convince them I am "fine".
5. Moving and maintaining relationships

All of those tend to meld together into a lot of "What Ifs"; which I know are beyond my control, and that is when my logic centre spins off the charts....and the anxiety wheel is perpetual and spinning non stop; and it brings on the following symptoms:

a) Decrease in sleep
b) Increase in pain
c) Increase in inflammation
d) Increase in depression
e) and just generally leaves me feeling like crap.

I need to work on managing all of the above because the anxiety stuff just wreaks havoc on me and leads to a sheer lack of motivation and forward movement.  So, my therapist and I fully understand that I need to work on living in the HERE and NOW; to not call it "mindfulness in meditation" because that just irks me...but....allow myself to live in the PRESENT because it is the only thing I can do and is within my grasp and...can be controlled.

I am going to try and do that.  We shall see how that goes.....but....chaos is familiar.....as much as that makes absolutely no sense to me.



I will have to remember this prayer to focus my new "normal".  Here is hoping I allow that to become my new familiar friend in this journey called life...... we shall see.



And going to work on this ...I like this quote!! maybe others will too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment