Monday 28 September 2015

Wedding Reception Worries!!!!

On Oct 3rd, my husband Cam and I are having a wedding reception for our family and friends who couldn't join us for our wedding in Mexico on July 25th.  I am excited for the following reasons:

1. I can trash my Weight Watchers plan for the day and pig out on lots of great food AND we have a sweet bar, so YAY.
2.  I will attempt to earn more than 3000 steps on my Fitbit by trying to Dance for the first time in YEARS; too much A.S. pain has stopped me hundreds of times prior; still not sure I will actually be doing what constitutes as dancing lol.
3.  I will see friends I haven't seen in years and be able to just celebrate their importance in my life!
4. Drinking...and lots of it...(or at least 3 drinks which is usually my limit...then I just get terribly verbose about nonsensical stuff).
5. Music will be pumping all night long...and as a music teacher...that is just plain awesome.
6.  It will be just a great time all around.

Reasons why I am NOT excited about the reception:

1. I will be stressed about the planning and organizing of the event, that it may put my body into a really bad flare; pacing is not something that comes naturally to me. Yet...
2.  I may not have ANY energy after the set up to actually move....period.....and may need my Walker/Rollator to do the simple things ...like shuffle to the food line at buffet time.

This is my trusty walker...helping me load flowers into my car

 

3.  I may need to leave the party early simply to sleep and recover from the set up, thereby leaving the party behind to fend for itself...and miss out on all the fun.
4.  I may become a big stress ball and not fit into the dress I have chosen; and or HATE all of the pictures of myself because I am HUGELY INFLAMMED from the pain.  Like my wedding pics....they were tough to look at.  don't get me wrong, I am happy to be alive...but sometimes the body betrays the spirit and soul.

Who knows...I will try not to worry and fret. But it is not in my nature lol I am a Type A personality, it is my genes; not just Aknylosying Spondylitis....and they battle it out to see who wins.....

For now, I am going to try to rest up much of this week ahead...do what I can to ensure that I have a great time and simply be grateful to even be able to have such a celebration.

I am really excited!!
Pictures to follow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment