Wednesday 16 September 2015

I am officially firing my rheumatologist.  She has a history of patronizing me, of being condescending and of making me feel like a contrite child for not being able to simply "overcome" Fibromyalgia and of making my pain seem inconsequential. And I find all of that, unacceptable.  The only real problem with doing so...is that her name and notes are attached to my Long Term Disability Claim and the insurance company may be shocked to see that she has been given the old heave ho.  

I refuse to continue to be made to feel like a second class citizen because of the fact that my chronic pain seems to "confound" her....and thereby, confounds me....you can imagine just HOW much it confounds me.  If she cannot seem to find the answers and or solutions to what I may need help with, then how on earth was I to "overcome" Fibromyalgia, let alone address how my pain manifests because of Ankylosing Spondylitis!! 

I am simply trying to find a doctor who demonstrates compassion, is articulate, not condescending, sees me as a patient AND a person, who can communicate with empathy, and sees me as more than just the sum of my symptoms.  However, that seems as elusive as finding a unicorn.......

Are there such doctors out there? I am really wondering....and feeling bereft....I am currently out of work, my health care coverage has run out, I have no income, I am the breadwinner.....and feel wretched....

I am not sure what to do.....but I will try to find the hope at the end of this; the darkest tunnel I have ever found myself in......

Image result for depression quote

1 comment:

  1. I can surely agree with your reasons as to why you would fire your doctor at this stage. Far too often, doctors make assumptions without adequate reasons. I have had several sports injuries since my youth, including items such as a torn ACL from playing soccer, and yet several doctors have told me I am just fine. Keep seeking out your answers!

    Tyron Tanaka @ Low And Canata

    ReplyDelete