Monday 14 September 2015

Today my husband and I had our house inspection for our new home.  We love our current home, but, because of my progressing Ankylosing Spondylitis symptoms and Fibro symptoms, I need a home with fewer stairs. It was a tough realization to come to, that I just could no longer tackle the staircase and had to accept that limitation.  However, the new house is going to be awesome.

Here is why:
1. It has a full backyard, beats condo living any day.
2. That will enable purchase of a puppy!!
3. It is only two stories tall and the master bedroom, dining room, living room, bathroom and kitchen are all on the first floor which means....NO MORE climbing stairs! Thank goodness!!

It will be a lovely change and I am excited ...even if I am mourning the loss of our current home, current neighbourhood, and all round nice house....and mourning my former self.

It is a learning curve of acceptance....acceptance of limitations; but one I knew was likely going to happen sooner rather than later.   Fare thee well oh staircase !! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment