Sunday 13 September 2015

My name is Jen Workman and I am a high school Music and Drama teacher and to say that my life has been Drama filled is grossly understated lol.  I have been teaching for 19 years but, for the past 4 years, my life has been inexplicably changed because of chronic pain and chronic illness. 

In 2012, I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis (you will be quizzed later about how to spell that lol) ; want to learn more about it? check out this site. WHAT THE HECK?  , I have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia  WEallknowthisone , Hashimoto's Disease Hashimoto's Disease, and Sleep Apnea....so life has presented a lot of challenges lately.   The past year and a half has been especially difficult because of the fact that I have not been able to work....my pain is off the charts and, after many treatments, and exploration of treatments, I still haven't found the solution for how to manage......I do want to return to work, but haven't yet found my way back.  In the meanwhile, I research, educate and try to empower myself to do just that.  I have turned to blogging to connect with others in a similar situation and to recognize that we are not alone in our pain....and never should be.  

I hope we continue together on this journey and recognize that there is a way to find ourselves again, to recreate our path in life......and find joy.  One day at a time. 

be well
Jen

The picture below is of my husband.  We got married just this July, on July 25th in the Riviera Maya at the Grand Sunset Princess...whilst we had a GREAT time. My pain was off the charts..and I had to exist in a wheelchair much of the time. But I just wanted to share this picture of him because he is my rock, my constant, my one and only source of comfort in the storm of chronic pain and chronic illness.  I love him.....Cam Weaver is his name....


No comments:

Post a Comment